Inside the Article
CBSE and NCERT Biology 12 Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants MCQ Question Answer – Chapter 2 : In this post we have provided you all MCQs of Biology Class 12 Unit 6 Chapter 2. These MCQs of Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants will help you a lot in scoring good marks as it is a collection of all the important questions.
All the students who are going to appear for their Biology Class 12 examinations must be aware of the new pattern introduced by the board, where they have included MCQs in the pattern. This section is a scoring one, so practice a lot of questions on Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants from this article and get good marks.
Biology 12 Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants MCQ Question Answer – Chapter 2
Ques 1: A typical angiospermic flower consists of how many whorls of floral appendages?
Ques 2: Which of the following whorls of floral appendages in a typical angiospermic flower are non-essential or helping whorls ?
- Calyx and corolla
- Androecium and gynoecium
- Calyx and androecium
- Corolla and gynoecium
Calyx and corolla
Ques 3: Flowers are modifications of which part of an angiospermic plant ?
Ques 4: Exine of pollen grain is chiefly composed of
Ques 5: Pollen allergy in humans is generally caused by
- Pollens of Parthenium
- Pollens of sunflower
- Pollens of Brassica
- Pollens of Pisum sativum
Pollens of Parthenium
Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants Class 12 Biology MCQs
Ques 6: Which part of carpel, in an angiospermic flower, bears ovules ?
Ques 7: The function of funiculus is
- It attaches the ovule to the placenta
- It is a mass of parenchyma tissue surrounded by integuments
- It is a place of origin of the integuments
- It is a narrow pore formed by the projection of the integuments
It attaches the ovule to the placenta
Ques 8: Megasporogenesis occurs
- inside the nucellus
- outside the nucellus
- inside the funiculus
- at the raphe
inside the nucellus
Ques 9: Triploid nucleus is formed by the fusion of
- Zygote and one polar nucleus
- Two polar nuclei and one male gamete
- Eg and two synergids
- Egg and two male gametes
Two polar nuclei and one male gamete
Ques 10: Autogamy involves
- transfer of pollen of one flower to stigma of other flower of same plant
- transfer of pollen of a flower to the stigma of the same flower
- transfer of pollen of a flower of one plant to the stigma of flower of other plant
- none of these
transfer of pollen of a flower to the stigma of the same flower
Ques 11: The mode of transfer of pollen grains from anther to stigma through the agency of wind is termed
Ques 12: In Vallisneria, pollination occurs with the help of
Ques 13: Which of the following insects reveal close obligatory symbiotic relationship with Yacca plant and effects pollination ?
- Colpa aurea
- Apis mellifera
- All of these
Important MCQs on Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Ques 14: Which of the following characteristics of flowers of plants make them stronger candidates to be pollinated by bats ?
- Flowers are small, coloured and scentless
- Flowers are large, coloured and scentless
- Flowers and large, dull coloured and have a strong scent
- Flowers are small, dull coloured and have a little scent
Flowers and large, dull coloured and have a strong scent
Ques 15: Primary endosperm nucleus is formed by the fusion of
- One male gamete and two polar nuclei
- one male gamete and antipodal cells
- one male gamete and egg
- one male gamete and synergids
one male gamete and antipodal cells
Ques 16: Which of the following is a false fruit ?
Ques 17: In apomixis, the new individuals are
- genetically dissimilar to the parent producing them
- genetically similar to the parent producing them
- few genetically similar and few dissimilar to the parent producing them
- Majority of them are dissimilar/or similar to the parent producing them
genetically similar to the parent producing them
Ques 18: A nutritive tissue, endosperm arises from
- Primary endosperm nucleus
Primary endosperm nucleus
Ques 19: When the pollen tube enters the ovule laterally (as in Cucurbita0, which of the following term is used
- none of these
Download CBSE Class 12 Biology MCQs On Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Ques 20: Which of the following is a 3 n structure ?
- Egg apparatus
- Primary endosperm nucleus
Ques 21: Which of the following plants reveals gun powder mechanism, i.e., the anthers burst suddenly to throw the pollen grains in the air ?
We hope that the MCQs that we have provided you on Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants will be helpful to you in your preparation, and will help you gain good marks. In case of issues, do let us know via comment section.